About Smoke Free Curious
“Smoke Free Curious”, is a national and bilingual tobacco cessation social marketing campaign that aims to motivate Canadian adult tobacco users aged 35-64 to quit or reduce their commercial tobacco use.
The project is a partnership of four non-profit health organizations made possible through funding from Health Canada, Substance Use and Addictions Program. The partners include: The Canadian Cancer Society (Project Lead), Canadian Lung Association, Canadian Public Health Association, and Heart & Stroke.
The partners are joined by the performance measurement and evaluation provider, The Ontario Tobacco Research Unit, The University of Toronto.
• Increase awareness of a) harms of smoking; b) benefits of quitting/reducing in a meaningful way;
• Connect tobacco users to evidence-based tools and resources; and,
• Encourage people to make a quit attempt (E.g., Quit and Win Contest)
• Adult commercial tobacco users across Canada aged 35-64 from both English and French-speaking groups
For the audience
• Visit SmokeFreeCurious.ca to explore tobacco cessation tools & resources
1. Use the calculator and see how much you can save.
2. Learn about local quit smoking resources by using Quit Map
3. Chat in real-time with a Smokers’ Helpline Quit Coach via Live Chat on the website.
• Register for a free trial offer of Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) to aid in your quit smoking journey (while supplies last)
• Commit to quit and register for your chance to win a cash prize (when available)
• For free advice and support, call the toll-free Pan-Canadian Quitline at 1-866-366-3667